Maintaining your hair extensions is as simple as caring for your own natural locks. Whether sewn or glued, using caution when styling can maximize the longevity of your investment. Below are some tips to help you keep your extensions looking beautiful and healthy.
- Try to avoid using a lot of styling products.
- Before washing your hair, detangle from tip to root with a large tooth comb.
- Wash your hair extensions in mild temperature water with a gentle shampoo that contains moisture ingredients.
- Be sure to dry your hair thoroughly before styling.
- Limit use of thermal styling tools as excessive heat can break down the cuticle strands.
- Brush or comb your hair with care. Your hairline is your most delicate area.
- Cover your hair when sleeping with a silk or satin head scarf to reduce stress on your edges.